Friday, November 03, 2006

Brushing 101

Well, we'll be on Day 3 of the brushing program today when the little cherub wakes up. He has not complained about it at ALL, which I figured since he seems to like the harder touch rather than the soft touch. He just kind of lies there and takes it, thoughtful. He doesn't even mind when I flip him over and he is on his belly while I do his back. He is pulling himself up really well now when he is like that, not complaining which is not normal.

Do I think it is working? Well... I do think that he is eating a bit better, eating more foods rather than formula. He seems more regimented going to sleep; definitely getting more alert by the day. His PT is really happy with his improvements as well, as is his Speech Therapist. However, before we started the brushing he was getting better overall, so I don't know if everything can be attributed to the brushing. I know that his OT said it works for some but not all. I do think it's such a minor thing to do that I will keep doing it. I think it also helps me staying focussed and on schedule!

I know he wasn't going to be the kid who got brushed then started walking two days later... he isn't even smiling yet so I doubt he has the muscle tone for walking. However, I was expecting to see some sort of developmental progress even though I know I shouldn't count on anything. I definitely think I do see progress... and whether that would have happened anyway, who knows.

I do think he is starting to get his own little personality - even though he still looks at you like you're crazy sometimes... then again, maybe it's only me he looks at like that :)

{Here's Michael and Brady on Halloween... Brady in his Lion outfit loaned by Cousin Jack, and Michael in his costume... he was Mike Boogie from Big Brother All-Stars. His shirt said "Chilltown" and "Dolce Vida". When he was trick-or-treating, people actually said to him, "Wow- you're Mike Boogie!" That's good he didn't have to explain his costume to everybody, just mostly to kids!}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think it's just you. I get the "I think you're crazy, lady" look from him, too. (I used to wonder if it was just me?)

Amy said...

Good job on the brushing! I have been trying for 5 months to get on a damn schedule and I just can't seem to get it into my skull to remember to brush Avery on top of the million other things I have to do. It seems so simple, but I have a mental block on the brushing. Or it could be I am so so so tired at the end of the day getting Av fed and in bed is all I have in me. Anyways, good job, I am proud of your discipline.

Lisa said...

I love Chill Town...Big Brother is my Life during the sumnmer what a loser...You see I just lost all train of thought once I got the end of your post...A girl at my work's Husband actually Meet Howie in Vegas...

Kerry said...

I knew I loved ya Lisa! :)